Shift Leader/Production Assistant
Smell that? The warm, sweet aroma that brings a smile to both young and old while turning strangers into new friends - that’s the smell of your new workplace!
Kilwins in downtown Portsmouth is seeking a hardworking helper to join us in bringing smiles to the Seacoast through exceptional experiences and delicious handmade treats. The ideal candidate will be someone who possess the ability to shift between high-quality independent work and being an engaged member of a team, offering direction or assistance as needed.
All candidates must be a minimum of 18 years of age and although prior restaurant, retail, or hospitality experience is appreciated it is not required as training on all products, processes, and procedures will be provided. The candidate will balance their own responsibilities with supporting their coworkers during our busiest times (afternoons/evenings & weekends/holidays).
The primary duties of the Shift Leader can be summarized by, but not limited to:
Supervision and Management
Supervise and train staff, providing guidance as well as implementing corrective actions when issues arise
Oversee quality control for all processes
Keep management up to date on production schedule, concerns or issues
Oversee cleaning/sanitation efforts
Demonstrate the aptitude and skill to work in all areas of production; troubleshoot minor issues and perform relief duties when required
Desired Experience and Physical Requirements
Some supervisory experience, especially in a retail or foodservice environment
Strong planning /organization and time management skills
Effective interpersonal and communication skills involving a diverse workforce
Positive attitude and team mindset
Pride in the product and in the work
Stand or walk for long periods
Work at heights on a ladder or step-stool to access inventory and supplies
After being trained, use and teach others to use proprietary point-of-sale system for in-store transactions and Door Dash Online for online orders.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour
Paid time off
Weekly day range:
Work Location: In person
PART TIME ASSOCIATE
Kilwins in downtown Portsmouth is seeking several reliable and dedicated part time store associates for afternoon and/or weekend work. Great tips! Work where your friends work!
The exact start time of shifts is somewhat flexible, however we are at our busiest during nights, weekends, and holidays. Candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age. We will consider applicants who only want weekend work but would prefer at least one week night as well. Closing time fluctuates seasonally and by day of the week but normally does not go past 10pm. No prior work experience is necessary.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting and ringing out customers
- Scooping ice cream and serving/preparing hot & cold beverages
- Cleaning and restocking the shop as needed
- Assisting with the preparation and/or packaging of our very own chocolates & confections
Candidates must possess the following skills:
- Ability to interact with customers, answer their questions, and make suggestions
- Ability to prioritize tasks and plan for future needs
- Quality control, cash management and excellent organizational skills
- Properly store and display products, keeping work area clean and clutter-free
- Ability to work well alone or with others, listen well and follow directions
- Must be customer-service oriented with cheerful personality, good manners and excellent hygiene
- Represent Kilwins with integrity, honesty and knowledge, promoting the culture, values and mission of Kilwins
- Must read and speak English and have good communication skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must perform routine opening and/or closing tasks
- Must have reliable transportation
- Salary: $12.00 - $16.00 per hour plus tips.
Please fill out the below application and bring it to the store or email it to email@example.com